Top 10 Things to Do in Asheville, NC
Asheville has long been known as the bohemian center of North Carolina and democratic strong hold. You’ll see a lot of the following here: people with dreads, Subaru Outbacks, and tie-dyed clad artists. Tucked within it’s downtown streets are restaurants to make the most snobbish foodie take hold, a vibrant art scene, and eclectic shops not seen anywhere else in the state. One things is for certain, Asheville will make an impression on you. Here are the top ten things to do in Asheville, NC.
- Biltmore Estate– built in 1895, it is Asheville’s best known landmark and a must see!
- Blue Ridge Parkway- meanders just South of the city and offers epic vistas of the Smoky Mountains
- Go Local- Asheville is prized for all of it’s non-chain downtown funky establishments as proof by the sign displayed in each shop window. Love Asheville. Put your $ when your heart is, buy local.
- Take a tour. Visit the chamber of commerce on Montford St. Trolley and Segway (yes, Segway!) tours are daily.
- Grove Park Inn Spa- luxury at it’s finest in the Historic grove Park. Spa is rated on one of the top 10 in the US plus the main building with its stone facade resembles early 19000s woodsy lodges
- Brunch it! Sundays come alive with the variety of Brunch offerings available and outdoor seating in Spring/Summer
- Gallery crawl- downtown is teeming with galleries and you can find many artist studios in River Arts district
- Microbrewery haven: Highland Brewing, French Broad Brewery, Asheville Pizza and Brewing
- Eat!! You should expect to get at least 2 high quality meals here a day. The sheer variety of options can overwhelm you but some notable places are: Zambra’s on Walnut st (Spanish Tapas), Mayfel’s on College St (Southern), Table on Montford (New American).
- Biltmore Village– Planned community dating back 100 years at the entrance to the Biltmore full of shops, restaurants, and galleries